Sunday, February 10, 2013

This weeks reads.....


This week I have been doing alot of reading......one of the only things that keeps me happy throughout the winter!
I have to say I'm really loving the No.1 ladies detective agency....I have had great fun with the first two books now, I have enjoyed them greatly....and I'm about to start book number three tonight.
They are very easy to read and both the first and second books didn't take me very long to get through!

I watched the T.V adaptation a few year ago when I was still living in the UK and I actually read the first book then as well and have been in love with it ever since! 

 I have also found a love for poetry again....this has to be my most loved piece ever...this was actually the poem I studied for while I was taking my GCSE's....I always remember home when I read it because I studied it during my last year there!
Ever since I was a little child I have always loved how for the little time you sit down to read a book...an hour or maybe less...but for however long you sit down to read it, you can just be someone else...somewhere else....I like to read books set in different places around the world...because in some odd way, i feel like I have traveled the world!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh! I'd forgotten about the Lady's Detective Agency books ... I'm off to get them now. Thanks for the reminder!

    I think the design on this blog is much more you Mashallah, and I hope it'll encourage you to blog more. Will you be importing your posts from your previous blog, too? And, just to be sure, to be sure, should I unsubscribe from your old blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I don't think I will be moving all my old posts from my other blog...it was a nice blog but my first....i think I just needed it to start me off on the whole blogging thing.

    I think a fresh start was needed...i'm like this one better already.

    I wont be taking the other one off...i just wont be using it..

    love this set of books they are so much fun to read....and it is a bit sad but I have to say i do imagine I'm in Botswana when I read them.... I know i'm 22

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh yeah I did enjoy the t.v series of the Ladies Detective Stories. I haven't read book series though my local has it. I soooo hear you about sitting down with a book and being somewhere else for a while. I sometimes get soo gripped by a story I have to put the book down and take it all in before I rad on! lol

    I am reading 'The Taker' at the moment by Alma Katsu. It's bit long winded but I am sticking with it for now, as kind of gripping wit it's story line. Are you on the site Goodread.com?

    I joined a year ago and I get good recommendations on there for books to look out for. Do you have my email address? If you do could you send me an email so I can get yours please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on good reads mashallah....but i'm very bad at using it...I always say I'm going to start using it and write about the books I've read but I haven't started yet lol.

    I didn't get your email but mine is muminafideen@hotmail.co.uk.

    ReplyDelete