Friday, April 26, 2013

With summer comes......

Nice fresh summery food.....is there anything better then a nice cool salad on a nice warm and sunny day?
This summer I would love to become more healthy....which means plenty of fresh vegetables lots of water and working out inshallah!

I always feel that summer is the best time to start a diet....so I'm just going to go for it!
                            
 This here was A really nice and refreshing salad made by my sister.....she's much more daring then I am, the only kind of salad I would put oranges in our be one filled with loads of other fruits....I would not have ever thought of mixing it with onions, fennel and mustard....but I have to say that it was so delicious, the oranges we a little sour but it was really good!
It's an odd mix when you think about it...but it just somehow works, it all comes together to make one of the most flavoursome things I have ever tasted!


3 comments:

  1. very daring...but you've got to experiment in the kitchen...not sure I'd give it a go though...adding wallnuts to my salads is as far as I go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i'm like you then...but it was actually very nice!

    yesterday we had a really nice raw beetroot and onion salad...which was really nice too!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE orange and fennel in my salads! I usually add feta cheese and olives too! Sweet, salty, crunchy and juicy!

    ReplyDelete