Sunday, March 10, 2013

I am back...

I so thought My days of writing blog posts about not blogging were over.....however after I wrote about oil pulling the internet went....I was bored I had no one to read, nothing pretty to look at and no contact with the   online world....it was hard but I have just been able to make it...I'm almost half dead typing this out but some will say that that's pretty much just me!

But just because I have been away this does not mean I have not been thinking about you.....I have taken loads of picture and need only wait to uploads them on to the computer now...which I hope I shall get done by tomorrow so that I can post something up of interest!

I have kept up on the oil pulling front....and...it does seem to be working a bit, although I'm thinking of changing from olive oil to normal cooking oil, the olive oil although it has helped a bit it's just a little too thick.
Algerian olive oil it not like any other I have ever seen before....it is really think not like the stuff you buy in london! it's more of a brown then a green....and while it tastes nice it just isn't the right kind for oil pulling!

I have also tried My hands at facial oil pulling.....I hear Sophia Loren used to this every day, and lets face it...who does not want skin like hers????

First you wash your face, you the rub a small amount of olive oil in to your skin ( i read the best olive oil for the job is Italian olive oil) but I always make do with what we have so thick Algerian oil it was!  you then get a wash cloth and put it in hot water, you place it on your face as hot as you can manage, reheat you cloth and do the same again this time you very gently scrub your face.

All i'm going to say is it did not work for me...if you want to wake up and not recognise your own face go for it... i did this for a week...not wanting to give up without really trying it out well.
i was told that by the end of day three I will have soft skin and that any spots and black heads would be gone within a blink of an eye!

Sophia Loren I bet didn't look as oily or a black head filled as I did...i had spots on my face, under the skin and not really easy to see but I could feel them!

Lesson number one when looking for the perfect olive oil for your face stay away from Algerian olive oil.....too thick!

lesson two I will never have the skin of Sophia Loren....so I need not try!

Is good skin really too much to ask for?


2 comments:

  1. nice to read you again!!! I did a bit of research into oil pulling and I'm pretty sure I read olive oil was not the right oil for the job....I must try the face trick.....I'll let you know how I get on...what have you been doing on the crafting front? Can't wait to see the pics...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually in the middle of making a doily in bright blue.....and i'm thinking of maybe trying some knitting.

    the olive oil was alright but it is just a little hard to pull something that thick in and out of your teeth.....i would love to keep trying the facial oil pulling but will have to look at some other oil options!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete