Friday, April 19, 2013

A daily walk and some knitting...

This is our daily walk to and back from my little sisters school....it's a walk I have come to love mashallah.
The walk to the school is nice and peaceful with nothing to interrupt my thoughts...I love seeing people just getting on with their lives,  shopping, walking with their children and talking to friends.


It was starting to look really nice mashallah....they were painting and cleaning the roads mashallah, I am a bit upset that they cut down all the trees along the main roads, the trees looked to pretty mashallah!
It does look a bit empty now but it doesn't make me enjoy the walk any less alhamdulillah!



I love look up at the houses it's not like in England ....not one house looks the same, they are all different sizes some look nice and modern and others look like they could do with a bit of love!
But it all adds to the character mashallah.
The weather is getting nice and hot mashallah and summer is well and truly on it's way....I have to say that it's probably one of the things I like best about living in Algeria...the fact that there are indeed four seasons!
The winter was not as hard or cold as it was last year....I am for ones looking forward to the summer and some nice light and sunny days insahallah!


And now time for some crafting pictures....I could jump for joy I'm that happy!
I have tried my hand at some knitting...I thought I would make up loads of little blocks and then stitch them all together to make a cover inshallah.
 I love the colour, nice and bright....just the right colour for a summer project!
It took me the best part of a week to start and finish this but doesn't it just look so pretty!
I now have two blocks one is in red, It's plain as I don't want too many patterns in the one cover....A few cute ones thrown in I think is the way to go inshallah......

3 comments:

  1. Question is... what ARE we going to do when school's out for FOUR months?? We'll have to find another walk...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your squares, well done! but I bet you are still a cochet girl?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what we will do when school is out we shall have to find something else to do instead lol!

    Seeking jenna....I actually really enjoyed knitting and it uses so little yarn...having said that I still really love my crochet!

    thank you for commenting!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete